View Sonja Geracsek's profile on LinkedIn         View Sonja Geracsek's profile on Twitter         View Sonja Geracsek's profile on Vimeo         Watch Sonja Geracsek's Youtube Channel         Email

Friday 16 March 2012

Collecting Criteria

I have made a mind map from the information the case studies have delivered about production values of distribution formats and the design conventions of the most common genres.



What I found out was that there are too many logo reveals, especially for the mystery genre in the US, the Saul Bass style and the youthful/hip/gritty style is overused in the UK and there are not enough striking opening titles online. Which is why I want to create title sequences for my final piece that break these moulds but are still appropriate to the production values & genre. I am not trying to create something completely new but emphasise the good designs that are present in each format rather than create another one of the overdone ones.

No comments: