View Sonja Geracsek's profile on LinkedIn         View Sonja Geracsek's profile on Twitter         View Sonja Geracsek's profile on Vimeo         Watch Sonja Geracsek's Youtube Channel         Email

Tuesday 14 February 2012

DACii Intro Test Render

I've been trying to create a motion tracking intro for the DACii project that incorporates a 3D logo. This is just a test render. The motion tracking didn't quite work, which is why it's so shaky. I'm assuming this is because I used rerendered low quality footage instead of the raw footage.


The logo was inspired by many in the reality TV and documentary genre. It seems very common for this genre to have info graphics tied in with the footage or have a title sequence that mixes live-action footage with 3D graphics. You can see such titles in shows like Sky 1's "Secret Street Crew" [http://vimeo.com/29252708].

I would assume it is popular with this genre because it combines the entertainment factor with reality. There are either facts and figures or logos dotted around the live-action environment, rooting the entertainment factor to something real to remind the viewer that what they are watching has reality value.


This is a little bit better than the first version but still not quite right. I think I'll have to use different footage because I also realised that the foreground is blurry.

No comments: